The estimated reading time for this post is 2 Minutes
Bewley’s Limited was incepted way back in 1840 as a producer and distributor of coffee in different locations of the world.
A presentation of the sector
- It operates between two countries namely France and Ireland;
- Currently under the possession of Campbell Bewley Group;
- Main supplier of roasted coffee to food stores, hypermarkets and other retail outlets;
- Total output in terms of roasted coffee is estimated at two thousand tones per year;
- Human resource base stands at over one thousand employees (Bewley’s 1840).
Existing Businesses and Brands
- Owns business premises both in continental Europe and elsewhere.
- Bewley’s of Grafton Street.
- Tea and Coffee Joints.
- Bewley’s of Ggrafton street;
- Tea & coffee.
- About ten per cent of French employees are on the minimal wage bracket.
- There is a high purchasing power.
- On an average scale, men earn twenty five per cent more than their counterpart women workers.
- Although the mean wage level seem to be promising, sixty seven per cent of French people exhibit fears that their purchasing power has been on the decline most french buyers consume bread.
As a complimentary product to hot bevarages, it has boosted the sale volume of both coffee and tea.
- The ability and willingness to buy has stagnated since 2003.
- According to TNS Sofres survey conducted in October 2004, thirty six per cent of consumers are not comfortable with their purchasing power more than half of French consumers have shopped in discount stores.
- There is growing interest in online commerce with over sixty per cent intending to purchase through this channel.
- The high number of French people which is estimated at ninety eight percent has made the consumption of bread to remain constant (Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development 2005).
Producers ⇒Wholesalers ⇒Retailers ⇒Consumers
- Distribution is the set of operations that can deliver a product to the place of manufacture at consumers or users requisites.
- Three channels of distribution.
- Direct selling- For example e-commerce.
- Retailing units like hypermarkets.
- Wholesalers are viable channels as well (Julie1999).
- Remarkable market presence in the provision of tea and coffee.
- Dominates both the French and Ireland markets.
- Establishment in several countries of the world.
- Strong online presence sets it on a favorable development platform.
- High consumption of bread, a complimentary product to tea and coffee.
- This will maintain the volume of sales.
- Developing consumer loyalty through the upcoming young generation.
- The young generation constitutes about thirteen per cent of the total French population (Srinivas1989).
Bewley’s 1840. Home, about us [online].
Julie M (1999).The Internet as a direct distribution channel in the Irish hotel sector. Dissertation (MBS in Marketing) – Dublin City University. (pp 25-34).
Srinivas K.R (1989). Retail and marketing channels, London ; New York : Routledge (pp 47-56).
Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (2005). OECD
Employment Outlook 2005 – Statistical Annex [online].
#essaywriting #essaywritingservice #essaywritinghelp #essaywritingservices #essaywritinghelponline #essaywritingsucks #essaywritingskills #essaywritingonline #personalessaywriting #essaywriting101 #avoidingessaywriting #hateessaywriting #procrastinatingessaywriting #helpwithessaywriting #earlymorningessaywriting #andessaywriting #essaywritingmalaysia #2018essaywritingcontest #makingessaywritingfun #essaywritingcomplete #iamoveressaywritingalready #essaywritingtherightway #dodgingessaywriting #imsupposedtobeessaywriting #essaywritinglessonsbybrady #essaywriting️