Before beginning work on this assignment, please review the expanded grading rubric for specific instructions relating to content and formatting.
In this assignment, you will learn how an HR manager addresses a staff complaint of sexual harassment.
Scenario: You are the HR manager of a healthcare organization. One of the newly appointed nurses has complained about a senior doctor. She claims that the doctor sends her obscene messages on her cell phone and also makes obscene gestures at her.
Write a paper addressing the following:
- Importance of why How would you define sexual harassment? What is the legal definition?
- Does the complaint in the scenario fall under the definition of sexual harassment? Why or why not?
- What would be the implications of this complaint, if it is found true, for the senior doctor and the healthcare organization?
- How would you, as an HR manager, address this complaint? What does the law require of HRM in such cases?
- What steps would you take to prevent this kind of situation from recurring?