- Review Chapter 13 in the McKenzie et al. text. Pay particular attention to how to create a budget and allocate funds.
- Given the $200,000 you received for your public health program, create a one-year budget.
- Refer to Figure 10.2 on p. 283 of the McKenzie et al. text to view a sample budget sheet.
- Think about potential in-kind support/assets that may influence your budget.
- Review Chapter 12 in the McKenzie et al. text, and see the sample timeline and Gantt charts on pages 325–326. In addition, you may wish to use the Internet to research how to create a Gantt or PERT chart. Microsoft Excel also has some resources available that you can search. Consider what would be an adequate yet basic timeline to execute the program plan you have developed. Think about the tasks and activities that should be included in a basic timeline for your program plan.
The Assignment : Final Course Project Submission (8 – 12 pages total, not including cover page or references)
- Begin with an Executive Summary of your whole project and a Conclusion statement (3 – 4 paragraphs)
- Collate the components from Weeks 2, 3 and 4 with corrections to items noted by the Instructor.
- In addition, add a final 2- to 3- page section on budget and timeline that includes responses to the following prompts:
- Using the sample budget sheet on page 283 of the text, create a budget allocating $200,000 for your public health program. Include at least one in-kind support/asset in your budget.
- Provide a rationale for your allocation of funds.
- Develop a basic timeline using a Gantt or PERT chart. Note: Microsoft Excel provides templates that you can use.
- Provide a rationale for the basic timeline for your program plan.
Note: To ensure that you are meeting all of the requirements for the Course Project, be sure to review the Course Project Instructions located in the Learning Resources.
Your written Assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.