Every dissertation has a theoretical foundation that governs the research being conducted. With many options available, it is imperative to begin exploring potential theoretical foundations for your dissertation study. Therefore, in this assignment you will identify theories could potentially serve as the theoretical foundation for your dissertation study.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Doctoral learners are required to use APA style for their writing assignments. The APA Style Guide is located in the Student Success Center.
- Refer to Chapters 2-4 of the Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6th ed.) for specific guidelines related to doctoral level writing. These chapters contain essential information on manuscript structure and content, clear and concise writing, and academic grammar and usage.
- This assignment requires that at least two additional scholarly research sources related to this topic, and at least one in-text citation from each source be included.
- You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) in which you identify two theories that could potentially serve as the theoretical foundation for your dissertation study. Include the following in your paper for each of the three theories you select:
- A description of the primary components of the theory.
- A research-supported discussion of common applications of the theory.
- A discussion of why the theory might be viable for your proposed dissertation study.
- A discussion of the limitations of applying the theory as a foundation for your proposed dissertation study.