Effective public health practice systematically identifies gaps in health and health care and tracks down evidence-based programs to close those gaps.
—Arlene Fink, Evidence-Based Public Health Practice.
Create a 2–3 page paper discussing evidence-based public health practices related to a specific public health issue.
Select one of the following public health issues and examine evidence-based public health practices:
- Transportation to health center.
- School violence.
- Zika virus.
Complete the following:
- Discuss the issue:
- Describe the problems related to this public health issue.
- Present properly cited evidence to support your description of the issue.
- Discuss practices and interventions:
- Which evidence-based practices or interventions does the literature suggest to address the issue?
- How effective are the interventions?
- Describe a public health organization or agency that is attempting to address this issue:
- Which of their interventions have proven effective in reducing the impact of the health issue?
- What are some controversies that may arise from actions that an agency has taken or may take?
- Based on the evidence and what you can ascertain about practices currently used by this agency, is there anything that could be changed or improved upon? What would you recommend the agency focus on?
- Page count: 2–3 pages plus cover and reference pages.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 points.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting.
- Number of references: Cite all references. Include at least three peer-reviewed resources.
Note: Before submitting this paper, you should refer to the Guiding Questions (linked in Resources) to ensure that you have addressed all of the assignment criteria.
Fink, A. (2013). Chapter 1: Public health practice and the best available evidence. In Evidence-based public health practice (pp. 1–30). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage.