A Digital Storyboard of Your Leadership Journey (Individual)
The final assignment provides an opportunity for you to demonstrate your understanding of the leadership concepts, models, and practices covered in IHMN 354, and their application to the next stage in your personal and professional life.
Reflect on the leadership goals and priorities you identified in the first assignment for IHMN 354 or the new goals which have emerged for you over the last few weeks as we studied new domains of leadership.
Create a digital storyboard which showcases the journey you will take to reach your goals.
The digital storyboard is to include the following:
- Your personal leadership vision;
- 2 leadership goals and brief rationale for pursuing each goal;
- Action plan for achieving each goal. Only 2 action items for each goal are required. You are not expected to trace the entire pathway for achieving each goal; and,
- Anticipated outcomes/benefits for you and for others. What will change for you, and for others, when you reach your leadership goals?
Since this assignment is predominantly about your ACTION PLAN for moving IHMN 354 learning into practice, the majority of your digital storyboard should address the action plan for achieving each goal. Focus on answering the question: “HOW will I achieve my goals?”
Your action plan should be concrete and specific. Paint a crystal clear picture of what specifically I will see you doing to reach your goals.
More about Digital Storytelling….
Digital storytelling (also referred to as digital documentaries, computer-based narratives, digital essays, electronic memoirs, and interactive storytelling) is the use of computer-based tools to tell stories. In general, it is the art of telling stories with a variety of multimedia, including graphics, audio, video, and Web publishing.
As with traditional storytelling, most digital stories focus on a specific topic and contain a particular point of view. However, as the name implies, digital stories usually contain a mixture of personal photos, computer-based images, text, recorded audio narration, video clips, and/or music.
There are a number of platforms, ranging in price and complexity, which can be used for digital storytelling. For the purposes of this course assignment, Padlet is recommended. It is basically a blank canvas where you can drag and drop just about any media. Here is the link to get you started:
In the digital storyboard please include a written portion not to
exceed 800 words. You are welcome to embed the written portion anywhere
in your storyboard. In the past, most students reserved most of the word
count for the action plan in order to showcase the application of
learning (with citations) to practice.
Additional tips for success:
- be creative and have fun – the storyboard is meant to be a unique
expression of yourself through photos, music,video, poetry, etc.
- follow the same structure as a paper – an introduction, body of assignment, conclusion, and list of references.
- embed references from our course into the action plan (use APA format).
- design your digital storyboard with reference to the rubric for grading the assignment.
The assignment is worth 35% of your final grade.